01 May 2011

MadMen Mel


I think this little avatar-maker has been around for a while, but this is the first time I've seen it!  You can MadMenYourself and choose your body, hair, face, clothes, accessories, props and settings! Tehehehe! Very fun.  I have to admit that I am probably one of the few vintage-junkies who doesn't watch this show. I find it to basically be Desperate Housewives re-set in the 50's and 60's.  I love the clothes, and am a bit disturbed by the sets which look like they time-travelled to my early youth in Greenwich, Connecticut. I watched about half of the first season and can't stand any of the characters.  I really don't remember EVERYONE being that misogynistic in my early youth (granted that was 60's and 70's). Oh well. It's pretty with the sound off and it has created a resurgence of interest in vintage! Have fun making your own avatar! ;-) Mel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel I know just what you mean about mad men. I don't watch it myself as i think it's rather boring which is a shame because the clothes are lovely. Don't know why I didn't think of turning the sound down before. I do often just have something on while i'm sewing even if I'm not exactly giving it my ful attention.

    ReplyDelete