08 March 2011

dame folle dans le jardin

A few weeks ago I did a 'Sketching the Face' workshop at the National Gallery. Very confronting for me since I'm used to drafting or sketching plants. It was wonderful though - like eating chocolate for 3 hours! Sunday was a lovely sunny day and I dusted off my sketch book and SAT in the garden (I did find myself having to get up and do some dead-heading periodically).  I then had a play in Photoshop with some goodies I purchased last year from House of Three and voilà!

I discovered a very cool new shop in Camberwell today - Again Recycle. They have hand-picked vintage and op-shop clothes and accessories and some new-from-old stuff.  It's modelled on similar shops in Los Angeles like Wasteland and features retro clothing and a sustainable ethos. Finally...a cool shop on this side of town! Entry is two doors down from the car-park side of the Camberwell Salvos (also always worth a visit).


No comments:

Post a Comment